Dec 3, 2021
In this issue...
- Executive Committee Report
Executive Committee Member Karen Middelberg on recent meetings with venison marketing managers, what on-farm carbon emissions pricing mechanism may look like and the threat of Covid-19.
- Venison market Conditions continue to improve
We are increasingly confident that the market recovery is underway and that pricing will get back to a more normal level over the course of 2022.
- DINZ advice on meetings and events under the traffic light system
Like everybody we are pondering the implementation of the new Covid Traffic Light system and what it means for our staff, and the events we manage. We want to strike the right balance between keeping people safe, and protecting families and businesses from the impact of covid, while still allow as much business as usual to continue as possible.
- Covid-19 Webinar: Covid on Deer Farms - Lunchtime December 10th
Join DINZ General Manager QA Rob Gregory for an informative webinar that will cover what will happen if you or a worker contracts Covid-19 and the impacts on deer farms.
- Velvet Market Update
Velvet prices continued to strengthen in November and concerns over increasing Covid-19 cases but the market remains buoyant.
- New Environmental Stewardship Manager appointment
DINZ is pleased to announce the appointment of Sara Elmes as the new Environmental Stewardship Manager.
- Make the head lines!
Have you cut a great head this year but you can’t show it off because the velvet competitions were cancelled? Well now you can.
- Stag, Hind and Wapiti Bull Sales 2021/2022
Sales in December and January and link to Deer Select Sire Summaries
NVSB Reminder: Supervisory Visits | In Hindsight is a beaut read! | Venison features in NZ publications | Online Climate Change Action Plan Workshops - B+LNZ | At last – recyclable packaging for Deer Industry News | Soil Matters! Finding New Zealand soil information on the web | MetService Outlook - December 2021 | Vet students looking for deer farm placement
Stag, Hind & Wapiti Bull Sales | Covid-19 Webinar | Elk Wapiti Society NZ Velvet competition
Joke of the Month
Cartoon by Murray Matuschka. Drawn for 2004 Deer Industry Conference held in Wairakei
EVENTS - please note all events are subject to Covid-19 restrictions in place at the time of the event. Please follow instructions of host and/or venue.
- Covid-19 Webinar: Covid on Deer Farms - 12pm December 10th. Click here to see details and register >>
- 2022 EWSNZ Velvet and Hard Antler Competition: Judging - Thursday 27th Jan and main event on Fri 28th Jan at the Brydone Hotel, Oamaru, click here to see details >>
- National Velvet and Hard Antler Competition 2021: The 2021 National Velvet competition has been cancelled for 2021 Click here to see details >>
To see the most up-to-date events in the industry, click here >>