Feb 3, 2023
Issue 185 | February 2023
|If you or your NZDFA branch have recently held any deer farming events, please feel free to contact DFA Stagline and we will aim to publish them in the next issue.|
Executive Committee Update
Karen Middelberg on what the NZDFA Executive Committee have been up to, including meetings with NAWAC, planning for this years industry conference and the new DINZ strategy.
What’s been happening around the country?
Producer Manager Lindsay Fung reports on the start of the year. He's been around the country attending stag sales, velvet competitions and is looking forward to upcoming events in February.
Save the date! Deer Industry Conference 2023
Please mark Tuesday 9 May in your calendars for a trip to the Art Deco capital of New Zealand, Napier.
Get involved to shape the associations future
This is a busy year for NZDFA appointed positions as we have five positions becoming available by rotation. There is also one position becoming available by rotation on the Deer Industry New Zealand board.
2022 National Velvet and Hard Antler Competition Recap
The 40th National Velvet and Hard Antler Awards were held on Friday the 15th of December at the Ascot Park Hotel Invercargill with over 160 people attending. There were many past committee members, judges and pioneers of the competition and awards there to celebrate.
- VelTrak Password Change Approaching
- 2023 Awards and Competitions
- Natural Knowledge Programme
- Interim CWC chair and BC contact details
- Production Feature: Weaning
- Deer 2 $u¢¢eed hosted by the Hawkes Bay Branch NZDFA, Tikokino,15 February 2023
- Summer Field Day hosted by Southland Branch DFA, 16 February 2023
- 2023 Rising Stars, Te Awamutu, 25 February 2023
- 2023 Deer Industry Conference, Napier, 9 May 2023