The Producer support team covers two key aspects of the Deer Industry
- Representing deer farmers' interests at the industry level and driving events and programmes that are coordinated by Deer Industry New Zealand.
- On behalf of the NZDFA, the Producer support team provides a link between the NZDFA branches nationwide, the Executive Commitee and all activities relating to NZDFA.
Such activities include:
- Policy & Representation roles: NZDFA advocacy on all matters that affect deer farmers, e.g. internal policy management, government legislation, regional council regulations. For current submissions or regulatory changes click here.
- Advisory role: providing a deer farming perspective to participants in the primary sector, central and local government and other parties which can have an impact on deer farming in New Zealand
- Coordination role: coordinating branch activities and assisting with facilitators and event programme development. In particular, coordination an annual Deer Industry Conference. For information on current Industry programmes click here
- Communication role: face-to-face participation of industry events, distributing material to producers both electronically and hard copy including voting related documents through to a monthly e-newsletter StaglineOnline that is produced by the Producer support team.